Happy Sunday, everyone! I had a rough week with the loss of a grandmother. It was heartbreaking in so many ways—one was that we had plans to see each other in just a few weeks. I’m heartbroken but it’s been comforting to look through old photos and plan some projects inspired by her. She was very into fashion and home decor and was a big influence on me. For now, my biggest comfort is finding lots of ways to remember her. It’s helping me grieve to create little memorials to her all over my home from displaying photos to decorating in ways that remind me of her.
Here’s a link to my brown gingham dress (above). It’s on sale under $23 and I love the fit. I’m wearing a small.
Oh yes! And happy Easter for everyone who is celebrating today!
1. These earrings are so fun for spring and summer!
2. My next big project I am doing this week is attempting a faux marble counter. I am using this kit. Wish me luck?!
3. I’ve been doing some spring shopping. Here’s a couple dresses I’m excited to try out: 1, 2, 3, 4
4. I know you all loved my rainbow pjs and I found a more affordable and very similar pair! They have a larger range of size options as well.
Matching pjs (and also yoga sets) are definitely one of my guilty pleasures. They make me very happy!
5. My bestie, Andi just launched a podcast called Your Woo Woo Best Friend. I’m definitely **medium** on the woo woo spectrum and I am fully enjoying it SO MUCH.
6. I have pretty severe renovation fatigue a lot of the time, but I’m so proud of all we’ve achieved over the past few years. I feel like I’m running a marathon and I’m at the parts where they start handing out the sports jelly beans, haha. One thing that has helped me A LOT is following other people’s renovations, which is easy to do because all my friends seem to be renovating all the time.
If you’ve ever struggled with renovation fatigue, I would love to hear how you stayed motivated. Taking a long break isn’t an option I am interested in right now (although if that was going to be your suggestion, I get it, that MAKES SENSE). I’m looking for ways to stay focused and excited and to keep going.
7. This rainbow pastel top is so cute!!
8. Which are you more excited for: Hocus Pocus 2 or Legally Blonde 3?
(I’m equally overjoyed about both.)
9. I just ordered two of these benches for our front porch. It’s a bit of a puzzle putting it together, but I’m really excited about how it’s coming together so far!
10. I just got this dress from Amazon. It’s really comfortable and cute for summer. I guess I’m into brown right now?
P.S. I already can’t wait for our first pool day so I can make this recipe!
Author / Contributor: Elsie Larson